Start Your Own Business: Step-by-Step
Make your dream a reality and get your new business off the ground
With Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step you’ll get everything you need to create a self-study eBook, online course, or valuable learning resource, where you’ll teach them how to make their dream of starting their own business a reality.
Why share or sell ‘Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step’?
Many people talk about starting a business, but few make it past the dreaming stage.
And even fewer get their business launched and earning enough to reach their financial goals.
What is it that holds back these aspiring entrepreneurs’ success?
Often, it’s because…
- Their mindset is stuck on failure and self-doubt
- They worry that their business won’t earn enough
- They don’t know what’s involved in getting their business set up
- They’re not sure exactly what to sell that people will buy
- They aren’t clear on how they’ll get people to buy
And sometimes it’s just because they can’t get themselves organized and focused on their goal long enough to reach it.
You can help your audience build the business they deserve.
With our course on how to ‘Start Your Own Business: Step-by-Step‘, you’ll walk your students through the critical steps for getting a new business off the ground.
You’ll show them how to pick the business model that makes sense for them, how to determine what to sell, the value of creating a ‘minimum viable product, the essential details that every startup has to pay attention to, the keys to a successful launch, and more.
Even better, when you purchase a license to Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step, you’ll get the rights to edit the content any way you want, put your name and brand on, and repurpose it into whatever format you want.
Here’s what you’ll teach in Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step…
There are 12 modules and an introduction in the course, which can easily be delivered as a self-study eBook, membership site resource, or online course. Here’s an overview of each module:
- You’ll kickstart the course by giving a quick overview and explaining what people will be able to do by the time they’re done, so that they’re excited to jump in and start learning.
Module 1: Develop a Mindset for Success
- In the first module, you’ll explore the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and help your students recognize that they have the power to change their mindset. Then they’ll identify their big “why” for their business, so that they always have a motivating reason to deal with the challenges of getting a new business off the ground.
Module 2: Define Your Driving Vision and Values
- While knowing why you want to start a business is an important first step, so is having a vision of your life once that business is a reality. In Module 2, you’ll show your students how to identify the vision and values that will guide them on their business-building journey, so that they always stay true to themselves.
Module 3: Pick the Right Business for You
- Most of your students will already have a vague idea of the business they want to start, but it’s important to make sure it matches up with their strengths and talents. In Module 3, you’ll show them how to ensure this match is there, so they’ll have the best chances of success. Then you’ll help them set revenue goals, so that they have a way to check their progress as their business gets going
Module 4: Identify Your Target Customer and Your Niche
- There’s no point investing time in building a business if it has no chance of being profitable. In Module 4, you’ll walk your students through the steps for researching their market to see if it can be profitable, getting totally clear on their ideal customer, and determining if they need to niche down further to compete effectively.
Module 5: Decide What to Offer and How
- Once your students understand their target customer, they can make decisions about what to offer that’s also in line with their big “why” and their values and strengths. In Module 5, you’ll explore different business models and how to choose the right one. Then you’ll show your students how to define the unique value they’ll offer and how to design a minimum viable product to test with their market, so they can get feedback before investing too much in one direction.
Module 6: Set Up the Essentials for Running your Business
- Starting a viable, sustainable business involves a lot more than creating a product and putting it up for sale. There are all sorts of legal, administrative, and financial requirements. In Module 6, you’ll walk through the most common ones that your students need to set up, providing them with a checklist of items they need to address. They will then need to research any requirements that are specific to their country.
Module 7: Start Branding Your Business Now
- Even though your students are starting with a minimum viable product, it’s important to think about their branding from the start. In Module 7, you’ll discuss the elements of an effective brand and how it ties in with their Unique Value Proposition. Then you’ll walk them through how to start branding their first offer, so that it has a clear identity that people will remember.
Module 8: Pick the Right Price
- Pricing is always a touchy subject for any business owner since it’s such a big decision that affects revenue. In Module 8, you’ll explore the concept of value vs. price and explain different pricing strategy options. You’ll then give your students the questions they need to ask themselves to pick their strategy and price their MVP
Module 9: Set up Your Marketing
- A new business doesn’t need a grand marketing plan to get off the ground, but it pays to have a few strategies in place. In Module 9, you’ll show your students how they can get started with a few good, low cost marketing tactics that are proven effective. You’ll give them a simple 10-point plan to fill in and tell them how to decide which tactics to choose, so they can have something to guide them without being overwhelmed.
Module 10: Your Launch Starts Here
- Business launches are exciting, but stressful. In Module 10, you’ll explain to your students the importance of carefully planning their launch and how it involves 3 phases – pre-launch, launch, and post-launch. You’ll give them ideas and tips for success in each phase and then have them put together their own launch plan for their first offer.
Module 11: Track Your Progress
- Successful businesses monitor a few key metrics to make sure they’re on track to achieve their goals. In Module 11, you’ll explain the 7 key metrics that your students should be looking at in their business, so they can use that data to improve and grow in the future.
Module 12: Moving Forward
- In this last module, you’ll give your students sound advice on how to make sure they maintain a balance in their life as they immerse themselves in their business. You’ll discuss ways to plan their time, be more productive, and set ongoing goals. They’ll finish up by creating their Action Plan, so they know exactly what they need to do next to make their business dream a permanent reality.
And to teach the program above, here’s exactly what you’ll get in the Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step – Beacon package:
- Course Book (15,822 words, 88 pages) All the content and activity instructions you need to create a comprehensive self-study eBook, online course, bonus resource, or handout for a live workshop (Value $1997)
- Action Guide (40 pages) – A complete set of worksheets which helps your students take action on what they learn in the Course Book, so you’ll have happy, successful customers
- Summary Cheat Sheet (6,594 words, 36 pages) which includes the main takeaways, key points, and action steps from the course. You and your students can use it as a quick reference to save time, versus having to refer to the book every time
- Graphics (22 colorful graphics that are used in the course book and slideshow, .pdf, .ppt & .png). These give a snapshot view of concepts, as well as adding some visual zing
- Course Overview Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of the course, so your students always know where they are in their progress (.pptx, .pdf & .png)
- Suggested Curriculum – We’ve hand-picked 12 topics from our catalog that you can use to put together a longer series or membership site (plus a coupon for 40% off each!)
NOTE: This self-study course is also included in a our larger ‘Blaze’ package, which includes lead generation content and instructor materials (including slides).
For instance, here are just some of the ways you can use Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step:
- Use a section of the content as a free giveaway to get more email subscribers on your list
- Use the summary cheat sheet to help you create slides. Then run a webinar, live presentation, or create video content. (Or grab the complete Blaze package for this course, which includes the done-for-you slides and more!)
- Customize and sell your own ecourse and follow it up with additional coaching or more in-depth training on each sub-topic.
- Use sections of the content for an autoresponder series that pre-sells the entire course, all combined as a paid ebook or online course.
- Add the content to your paid membership site as a valuable learning resource
- Share the graphics, infographics, and tweets on social media to promote the course (paid or as a lead magnet), or just to drive traffic to your site
- Include this course as a high-value bonus to another program, to enable you to increase your prices AND drive more sales
- Combine this course with other courses at Content Sparks to create a longer educational series or curriculum. We even planned out a suggested curriculum for you that’s inside your download (with discounts on your thank-you page, after you purchase a license)
Screenshot previews of all your content in “Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step“:
Contents are delivered as .docx, pptx and .xls. Images are .jpg, .pptx. eCovers are .png & .psd
As you can see, Content Sparks products pack in a lot of value.
That’s because as sales and marketing specialists, we develop top-notch material for you.
So you don’t have to spend months to research the topic, narrow down the key points, outline a logical flow, design learning activities, write all the content, develop worksheets and checklists, create the slideshow, design graphics, edit and proofread everything, and make it look professional.
And you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to hire a team to do all of that for you.
Instead, you can easily and quickly create your own product…
With help from a company with a long track record of success…
You can earn more money, work fewer hours, and become the authority in your market.
All for significantly less than trying to do the same thing on your own.
Your Price Today
Here’s How Done-For-You Products From Content Sparks Will Boost Your Revenue
Hi, I’m Sharyn Sheldon, founder of Content Sparks.
After starting my very first small business, I found myself stuck…
I knew that creating my own sales and marketing products would take my business to the next level…
However, I didn’t have the time to create all of the content myself, and I didn’t have the budget to hire a team to help me.
Then I discovered brandable, done-for-you content.
In month one, I saved $2,000 of my time and EARNED several hundred dollars in commissions.
Still, I noticed that the brandable content I was buying wasn’t designed for learning and getting results. It wasn’t written by sales and marketing experts…and it definitely was not all up to my standards.
That’s why I created Content Sparks, to provide high-quality, done-for-you sales and marketing courses.
Today our team has created business training programs for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses for over 30 years… courses that gets results.
Just imagine this scenario:
- You have a high-quality, brandable, done-for-you course in just minutes…
- You share or sell the course for a fraction of the cost of starting from scratch…
- You expand your reputation as a go-to resource, and sales go up
In fact, here’s what business owners just like you have to say about Content Sparks:
This is first-rate stuff—highly recommended. Period.”–Daniel Ulin
Again, this is Sharyn Sheldon, and thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoy teaching Start Your Own Business Step-by-Step, and I’m so excited to see what it’s going to do for your business and for your customers!
Founder, Content Sparks
Our content is the highest quality you’ll find…
There’s PROOF that Content Sparks products work….
And since it’s EASIER to do this than to do it all yourself, why not give it a shot?
Your Price Today
Still not sure? Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions:
What does my license allow me to do with my Content Sparks content?
Your license gives you the rights to edit or cut up the content into sections, combine it with other content, or transform it to other media formats (such as audio, video, graphics, etc).
You can then share or sell the content with paid customers or prospects who have given you contact details.
The exception is the content meant for promotion, such as tweets, blog posts, and graphics. You can publish those freely anywhere on the web to drive traffic to your site and offers.
What am I NOT allowed to do with my Content Sparks content?
You are not allowed to sell or give away a license or the editable files to anyone else. That means you can NOT sell or share the Private Label Rights (PLR), Resell Rights, or Master Resell Rights to anyone.
Also, you are not allowed to publish the content freely on the web where anyone can read or download it, including free membership sites or forums. The exception is promotional materials, as mentioned above. This protects the value of your content.
Do I have to rewrite the content?
You have the option to rewrite it if you choose, but it is not necessary. However, we recommend that you rewrite and add to any web-based content that you want found by search engines (like Google), so that it will rank higher in search engines. Adding value to existing content is also important, such as additional images, examples, stories, or lists of resources. By adding your own personal examples and experience, you’ll boost your reputation and credibility exponentially.
What should I charge for the content once I’ve made it into a product?
Pricing your content is always a challenge and it depends on your own market. Some people charge $97 for a webinar series. Others add it to a $27/month paid membership program each month. And some have charged as much as $1997 for a full training program with coaching added.
Take a look at what competitors and similar businesses are charging in your industry. Then find your own middle ground based on how you want to position yourself.
We recommend that you never charge less than $27 and charge more if you’re adding live or video elements. Charge even more if you’re adding coaching.
If I want to set up a sales funnel, how do I get started?
We have a number of tutorials and videos in our blog, as well as a list of our favorite resources we use in our own business.
Start by watching these tutorials:
And get ideas for resources to use here:
How can I get help if I need it?
You can always contact our support desk here:
You should expect an answer within 24 hours, except on weekends.