Essential Business Writing Skills
Harness the Power of Words to Engage, Educate, and Encourage Action
With Essential Business Writing Skills, you’ll get everything you need to create your own self-study course or eBook,
….where you’ll show your audience how to build one of the most critical communication skill they need in every aspect of their business.
The written word is one of the most powerful forms of communication available.
We use writing to connect with others throughout our business – from email, blog posts, social media, and sales copy to reports, proposals, courses, and web pages. However….
Most people lack confidence in their writing skills
They break out in a sweat when they have to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard.
And when they do start writing, the results are often boring, confusing, or ineffective.
If your writing isn’t professional and engaging, you lose credibility and turn away customers.
Poorly written content leaves people wondering what your point was or what they’re supposed to do.
But when you hone your writing skills and apply them to all your content, you’ll be able to:
- Attract more visitors to your site and keep them there with engaging posts and pages
- Convert more leads to customers with persuasive sales copy and proposals
- See more customer and employee success when you educate and explain clearly
- Grow a loyal list with enticing lead magnets and emails that get opened and read
- Build deeper relationships with compelling content both online and offline
It comes down to the words you use in all your written material and how you put those words together.
Luckily, business writing is a skill you can learn and master.
With our course on Essential Business Writing Skills, you’ll get all the materials you need to learn AND teach others how to harness the power of the written word to engage readers, educate customers and prospects, and encourage people to take action.
This ready-to-teach program is divided into 5 modules, with short lessons in each, so that by the end of the course you and your students will be able to:
- Ensure your writing resonates with your audience and achieves your goal
- Build an effective connection through your words and tone of voice
- Write freely while getting your point across in an organized flow
- Make it easy for your readers to follow and understand your message
- Use language and wording that’s both easy to grasp and delightful to read
- Project professionalism and attention to detail
- Grab and keep your readers’ attention with engaging content
- Write persuasively, so that your readers will be encouraged to take a specific action
- Craft enticing sales copy that motivates your readers to act decisively
- Resolve sensitive situations in a polite and professional way
- Create compelling content for common business writing formats
- Explain clearly how to complete a process or task, so readers can achieve it themselves and you can delegate or pass on your knowledge to others
This is one of our brandable, done-for-you programs. That means you can learn from it yourself to dramatically improve your own business writing.
AND, you can use the same materials to help your clients, customers, members, and prospects.
That’s because when you purchase a license to Essential Business Writing Skills, you get the rights to:
- Edit the content any way you want
- Put your name and brand on, and
- Repurpose it into whatever media you want
Then use your new course to…
You’ll be helping your audience develop and master a crucial skill that will boost their business success.
And… you’ll be adding a major asset to your own business that will take it to a whole new level.
Here’s what you’ll teach in Essential Business Writing Skills…
There are 5 modules in the course, containing 15 lessons, an introduction, and concluding action planning. The course can easily be delivered as a self-study eBook, membership site resource, or online course. Here’s an overview of each module:
You’ll start out with an overview of the course and what your students will learn, so that everyone is excited to jump in and get going.
Module 1 – Before You Write a Word
Business communication today is much different than it was ten years ago. Now we have digital formats, shorter attention spans, a wider audience, and in some cases fewer words available to us.
In Module 1, you’ll teach your students what they need to do before they start writing any business documents. With the right preparation, they will be able to ensure their content conveys their message effectively.
- Lesson 1: What You Need to Know – In Lesson 1, you’ll show your students exactly what they need to explore, describe, and decide on if they want their writing to resonate with their audience and meet their goals
- Lesson 2: Pick the Appropriate Tone – In Lesson 2, you’ll teach your students how to achieve the appropriate tone of voice in their writing, so that it resonates with their audience and builds a connection with them.
- Lesson 3: Organize Your Thoughts – In Lesson 3, you’ll show your students how to organize their thoughts into a logical flow, so that when they start writing, they’ll be able to stay focused and get their point across.
Module 2 – Write Like a Professional
The purpose of all writing is to communicate a message. When it comes to business writing, it’s important to be professional and detail-oriented in your approach and your delivery.
In Module 2, you’ll teach your students how to structure sentences and paragraphs, use words wisely, and ensure documents are error-free when they send them out or publish them on the web.
- Lesson 1: Structure – In Lesson 1, you’ll show your students how to structure and format their writing for maximum clarity, so that it’s easy for their readers to follow and understand their message at a glance
- Lesson 2: Word Use – In Lesson 2, you’ll share tactics with your students for both simplifying and spicing up their words and phrases, so that their writing is both easy to understand and interesting to read.
- Lesson 3: Editing & Proofreading – In Lesson 3, you’ll help your students ensure their writing is accurate and grammatically correct, so that they project professionalism and attention to detail to their readers.
Module 3 – Write with Intent
When you write effectively, your words can influence readers’ point of view and guide them to make a decision or take action.
In this module, you’ll teach your students when and how to use their writing in ways that lead readers towards a desired result.
- Lesson 1: Engaging – In Lesson 1, you’ll show your students how to grab and keep their readers’ attention with engaging content that keeps them captivated and involved.
- Lesson 2: Persuading – In Lesson 2, you’ll teach your students how to write persuasively and present their case in a way that encourages readers to take a specific action.
- Lesson 3: Selling – In Lesson 3, you’ll share tips with your students for writing enticing sales copy that motivates readers to act decisively, so that they generate leads and make more sales.
- Lesson 4: Difficult Situations – In Lesson 4, you’ll provide guidelines for solving sensitive situations in a polite and professional way, so that your students maintain good relationships even when dealing with difficult scenarios in writing.
Module 4 – Write for Specific Formats
When writing for your business, you need to be familiar with the primary written formats and channels that you might need to use.
In Module 4, you’ll teach your students to create clear, compelling content for all common business writing formats.
- Lesson 1: Emails – In Lesson 1, you’ll show your students how to write and structure different types of emails, so they get opened, read, clicked on, and replied to.
- Lesson 2: Blog Posts – In Lesson 2, you’ll show your students how to write engaging blog posts that attract traffic to their website and keep readers on site and exploring all their content.
- Lesson 3: Social Media Posts – In Lesson 3, you’ll show your students how to craft concise social media posts and adapt their writing for different platforms so that they always stay relevant to that platform’s users.
- Lesson 4: Letters, Reports, Proposals – In Lesson 4, you’ll show your students how to write for more formal and longer formats, using proven templates to guide their content flow.
- Lesson 5: Instructional and How-To Content – In Lesson 5, you’ll show your students how to use writing to explain the steps of a process or task in a way that enables others to complete it successfully.
Module 5 – Review and Refine
In this final module, you’ll bring together everything you’ve covered in the course and provide some parting tips, so that your students have everything they need to continuously improve and master their business writing skills. You’ll also have the opportunity to review the course and plan future action.
And to teach the program above, here’s exactly what you’ll get in the Essential Business Writing Skills – Beacon package:
- Course Book (13,306 words, 93 pages) All the content and activity instructions you need to create a comprehensive self-study eBook, online course, bonus resource, or handout for a live workshop (Value $1997).
- Action Guide (44 pages) – A complete set of worksheets which helps your students take action on what they learn in the Course Book, so you’ll have happy, successful customers.
- Commonly Confused Words – A handy list of words that trip up many writers. Add your own favorites and pet peeves, and have your students add their own to the list!
- Business Writing Checklist, which gives your students a reusable tool for always ensuring their writing is on target, professional, and effective.
- Summary Cheat Sheet (5,071 words, 42 pages) which includes the main takeaways, key points, and action steps from the course. You and your students can use it as a quick reference to save time, versus having to refer to the course book every time.
- Graphics (30 colorful graphics that are used in the course book and slideshow, .pdf, .ppt & .png). These give a snapshot view of concepts, as well as adding some visual zing.
- Course Overview Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of the course, so your students always know where they are in their progress (.pptx, .pdf & .png).
- Suggested Curriculum – We’ve hand-picked related course topics from our catalog that you can use to put together a longer series or membership site (plus a coupon for 40% off each!)
NOTE: This self-study course is also included in a our larger ‘Blaze’ package, which includes lead generation content and instructor materials (including slides).
For instance, here are just some of the ways you can use Essential Business Writing Skills:
- Use a section of the content as a free giveaway to get more email subscribers on your list
- Use the summary cheat sheet to help you create slides. Then run a webinar, live presentation, or create video content. (Or grab the complete Blaze package for this course, which includes the done-for-you slides and more!)
- Customize and sell your own ecourse and follow it up with additional coaching or more in-depth training on each sub-topic.
- Use sections of the content for an autoresponder series that pre-sells the entire course, all combined as a paid ebook or online course.
- Add the content to your paid membership site as a valuable learning resource
- Share the graphics, infographics, and tweets on social media to promote the course (paid or as a lead magnet), or just to drive traffic to your site
- Include this course as a high-value bonus to another program, to enable you to increase your prices AND drive more sales
- Combine this course with other courses at Content Sparks to create a longer educational series or curriculum. We even planned out a suggested curriculum for you that’s inside your download (with discounts on your thank-you page, after you purchase a license)
Screenshot previews of all your content in “Essential Business Writing Skills” – Beacon Package:
Contents are delivered as .docx, pptx and .xls. Images are .pptx, .pdf & .png.
As you can see, Content Sparks products pack in a lot of value.
That’s because as sales and marketing specialists, we develop top-notch material for you.
So you don’t have to spend months to research the topic, narrow down the key points, outline a logical flow, design learning activities, write all the content, develop worksheets and checklists, create the slideshow, design graphics, edit and proofread everything, and make it look professional.
And you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to hire a team to do all of that for you.
Instead, you can easily and quickly create your own product…
With help from a company with a long track record of success…
You can earn more money, work fewer hours, and become the authority in your market.
All for significantly less than trying to do the same thing on your own.
Your Price Today
Here’s How Done-For-You Products From Content Sparks Will Boost Your Revenue
Hi, I’m Sharyn Sheldon, founder of Content Sparks.
After starting my very first small business, I found myself stuck…
I knew that creating my own sales and marketing products would take my business to the next level…
However, I didn’t have the time to create all of the content myself, and I didn’t have the budget to hire a team to help me.
Then I discovered brandable, done-for-you content.
In month one, I saved $2,000 of my time and EARNED several hundred dollars in commissions.
Still, I noticed that the brandable content I was buying wasn’t designed for learning and getting results. It wasn’t written by sales and marketing experts…and it definitely was not all up to my standards.
That’s why I created Content Sparks, to provide high-quality, done-for-you sales and marketing courses.
Today our team has created business training programs for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses for over 30 years… courses that gets results.
Just imagine this scenario:
- You have a high-quality, brandable, done-for-you course in just minutes…
- You share or sell the course for a fraction of the cost of starting from scratch…
- You expand your reputation as a go-to resource, and sales go up
In fact, here’s what business owners just like you have to say about Content Sparks:
This is first-rate stuff—highly recommended. Period.”–Daniel Ulin
Again, this is Sharyn Sheldon, and thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoy teaching Essential Business Writing Skills, and I’m so excited to see what it’s going to do for your business and for your customers!
Founder, Content Sparks
Our content is the highest quality you’ll find…
There’s PROOF that Content Sparks products work….
And since it’s EASIER to do this than to do it all yourself, why not give it a shot?
Your Price Today
Still not sure? Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions:
What does my license allow me to do with my Content Sparks content?
Your license gives you the rights to edit or cut up the content into sections, combine it with other content, or transform it to other media formats (such as audio, video, graphics, etc).
You can then share or sell the content with paid customers or prospects who have given you contact details.
The exception is the content meant for promotion, such as tweets, blog posts, and graphics. You can publish those freely anywhere on the web to drive traffic to your site and offers.
What am I NOT allowed to do with my Content Sparks content?
You are not allowed to sell or give away a license or the editable files to anyone else. That means you can NOT sell or share the Private Label Rights (PLR), Resell Rights, or Master Resell Rights to anyone.
Also, you are not allowed to publish the content freely on the web where anyone can read or download it, including free membership sites or forums. The exception is promotional materials, as mentioned above. This protects the value of your content.
Do I have to rewrite the content?
You have the option to rewrite it if you choose, but it is not necessary. However, we recommend that you rewrite and add to any web-based content that you want found by search engines (like Google), so that it will rank higher in search engines. Adding value to existing content is also important, such as additional images, examples, stories, or lists of resources. By adding your own personal examples and experience, you’ll boost your reputation and credibility exponentially.
What should I charge for the content once I’ve made it into a product?
Pricing your content is always a challenge and it depends on your own market. Some people charge $97 for a webinar series. Others add it to a $27/month paid membership program each month. And some have charged as much as $1997 for a full training program with coaching added.
Take a look at what competitors and similar businesses are charging in your industry. Then find your own middle ground based on how you want to position yourself.
We recommend that you never charge less than $27 and charge more if you’re adding live or video elements. Charge even more if you’re adding coaching.
If I want to set up a sales funnel, how do I get started?
We have a number of tutorials and videos in our blog, as well as a list of our favorite resources we use in our own business.
Start by watching these tutorials:
And get ideas for resources to use here:
How can I get help if I need it?
You can always contact our support desk here:
You should expect an answer within 24 hours, except on weekends.